Opportunities at the Africa in Me(TAIM)
TheAfricaInMe is a Pan African integration Platform whose core focus is reassessing, readdressing and reawakening the spirit of pan Africanism through an exchange platform implemented by the youth for the youth. In doing this, we are generating new opportunities across Africa, creating endless possibilities as well as identifying sustainable partnership towards Africa’s development. We are currently in functionality in all major regions within the continent (North, South, East and West)
Community Outreach and Campaign Interns
- Work with the National Organizers and Campaign Directors to organize activists at the local, regional, national or international level;
- Recruit activists by organizing and participating in campaign actions and organizing events;
- Respond to requests for information and management of campaign materials;
- Design and layout organizing materials for different constituencies; Provide administrative support to Project Team on short term campaign projects;
- Participate in organizational building activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate accountability and progressive social change;
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Organizational skills and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines;
- Experience in a high-energy campaign or non-profit setting preferable;
- Commitment to bringing the campaign back to your campus or community.
Assist in planning, organizing and implementing successful fundraising events
- Research potential corporate and donors
- Help coordinate fundraising events
- Assist with the creation, editing and sending of fundraising materials
- Develop creative approaches to cultivate donors
- Assisting volunteer/staff instructors as they provide trainings
Administrative duties: filing, sorting and answering phones
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of materials
- Assist with the recruitment and training of volunteers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to speak confidently and articulate issues
- Knowledge in developing outreach strategies
- Knowledge in working with non-profit organizations
- Willingness to work with a diverse set of people and Pleasant demeanor and the ability to work well with fellow staff, volunteers, and the public are of utmost importance.
The intent of this internship description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this internship. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out “work-study” grants with your college, if that is an option.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE/BY 30th April 2015
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and able to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.).
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Interest in a nonprofit career – particularly development and fundraising.